Most of the hospitals treating victims of the Dusit hotel attack have offered to foot the medical bills for victims who do not have medical insurance, Deputy President William Ruto has said.
The DP said this on Wednesday after he visited various facilities where the victims are being treated.
He said reports from doctors had indicated that most of the victims are out of danger and in stable condition.
“The doctors are happy so far, most of the patients have undergone operations, some have been treated and discharged while the rest are recuperating well,” he said.
While lauding the facilities for timely treatment, Ruto said the country’s security apparatus have contained the Tuesday’s terror attack and that the country is ready to resume business as usual.
“Security agencies are on top of this exercise. We will go back to business as a country to run the affairs of our nation,” said Dr Ruto.
At the same time, the Deputy President called on Kenyans to be vigilant, and work closely with security agencies whenever they spot suspicious characters.
Source: The Star