Over 300 health Staff who were sacked by Vihiga county government got a reprieve on Monday after the Employment and Labour relation court granted them orders to remain at work.
The medical staff moved to court to challenge move by governor Wilber Ottichilo for sacking them illegally.
The Labour court sitting in Kisumu issued stay orders asking the affected staff to continue with their work until the matter is heard and determined.
Governor Ottichilo last month sacked 308 health workers who, he claimed were irregularly hired.
This comes after Members of Vihiga County Assembly have asked Governor Ottichillo to suspend Public service and health CECs to pave way for investigation into alleged irregularities in hiring of health workers in the county.
They assembly is set to table their findings after the formed an ad hoc committee to investigate the irregular employment of health staff where 529 staff were employed instead of required 149 medical staff..
The MCAs led by leader of Majority Moses Opole wants the Ottichilo to crack the whip on the officers involved irregular hiring of the health staff by sending them on compulsory leave.
The Public service committee chair Gladys Analo said its total injustice for the culprits who messed up the entire process of hiring health workers to continue holding their offices.
The house said the stay of the two CECs and their chief officers in the office will temper with investigations.
The two CECs are Paul Mbuni, his chief officer Gilber Vidijah for public service and Amos Kutwa his chief officer Arnold Mamadi for health.